CA1 | Calibration Administration: Define rules for calibration program requirements,
ensuring program compliance, use of contracted services, and instrument life cycle activities.
- CA1.PR1 | Calibration Program Requirements: Establish program requirements and how
they are administered.
- CA1.PR2 | Calibration Program Compliance: Create checks and balances for program
- CA1.PR3 | Calibration Contracted Services: Establish controls for alignment between
service provider processes and internal program expectations.
- CA1.PR4 | Instrument Life Cycle: Establish controls for replacing, reusing,
quarantining, and disposing of instruments.
CA2 | Calibration Measurement: Define rules for measuring and test equipment specifications,
traceability, certification, and storage.
- CA2.PR1 | Measuring and Test Equipment Specifications: Create rules for measuring and test
equipment accuracy, accuracy ratios, or test uncertainty ratios.
- CA2.PR2 | Measuring and Test Equipment Traceability: Create guidelines for how local
measuring and test equipment can be traced to governing standards.
- CA2.PR3 | Measuring and Test Equipment Certification: Create guidelines for how local
measuring and test equipment meet certification and conformance requirements.
- CA2.PR4 | Measuring and Test Equipment Storage: Establish controlled storage of
measuring and test equipment.
CA3 | Calibration Discrepancy: Establish methods for discrepancy trending, review,
notification, and use of reverse traceability.
- CA3.PR1 | Calibration Discrepancy Trending: Establish methods for trending out of
tolerance or poor performing instruments.
- CA3.PR2 | Calibration Discrepancy Review: Establish a calibration discrepancy review
- CA3.PR3 | Calibration Discrepancy Notification: Establish a calibration discrepancy
- CA3.PR4 | Calibration Discrepancy Reverse Traceability: Create guidelines for when
and how to perform reverse traceability.
CA4 | Calibration Optimization: Develop calibration specifications, intervals, analytics,
and verification guidelines.
- CA4.PR1 | Calibration Specifications: Create rules for calibration accuracy, accuracy
ratios, or test uncertainty ratios.
- CA4.PR2 | Calibration Interval Decision Matrix: Apply rules to decide how often a
calibration is to be executed.
- CA4.PR3 | Calibration Advanced Analytics: Establish a method to proactively diagnose
impending instrument problems.
- CA4.PR4 | Calibration Verification: Create guidelines for verifying when calibration
is required outside of set intervals.